This will be posted to my Mastodon account; don’t forget to read my fellow Revisitors Katie’s and Cindy’s posts too!
It’s the first #OUaTrevisit Wednesday of the new year. It’s also my first day back at work after the holiday break. I’m not saying I sympathize with Lord Blue-Fire but I kinda do. Anyway.
S5:E13 Labor of Love
“The heroes learn Hook is held captive in Hades.”
Airdate: March 13, 2016
- “in” or “by”? Is Hades the realm or the person? Or both?
- Meanwhile, in the land of bad CGI backgrounds.
- Megara! And per the credits, Cruella.
- This seems like a trap. Remember Megara was working for Hades.
- Cerberus looks like the demon dog from Ghostbusters, only more so.
- David is calling her Mary Margaret this week. Next week it’ll be Snow again?
- He’s on a diplomatic mission. This is a councilor ship.
- Young Princess Snow bugs out of the castle, no guards spotted her, and falls into a convenient oubliette.
- Hercules! Honey, you mean Hunk-ules. Who is apparently dead?
- Bizarro Storybrooke.
- I’m so glad Regina and Robin seem to be a permanent thing.
- That disapparating was all Emma. Even without the Dark power, she’s now a full-power magic user.
- I do not trust Megara, at all.
- C’mon, Snow, you wanna be strong like Herc? Brave like Herc? This is gonna be harder than I thought!
- Are we saying that Snow White’s renowned archery abilities come from Hercules?
- Glad to see Emma Caulfield is continuing as the Blind Witch.
- Dead Herc is so moody, he should be on a CW show.
- I like Hades’ tie.
- “Grandma Cora”
- Ah, the old ventilation shaft trick.
- Yay, Cruella!
- Regina called him Wonderboy.
- The long cloak is not conducive to archery.
- Of course, the bandit is working for Regina.
- “So we’re gonna do a half-season in another realm, but we’re gonna save a ton of money by just using a red filter and the same old sets!”
- The music, the gin, the glamour, the gin.
- As I thought, Henry destroyed the quill, but its power still exists.
- Cruella has actually a pretty good point.
- “You made me your friend by never giving up on me.” Regina/Snow team-up forever.
- Young Snow in a version of the huntress outfit.
- Herc to Snow: “Can you keep a secret?” Me: NO!
- A little bit of “Go the Distance” behind Herc’s speech.
- For a second when the bed crashed through the floor, I wondered if it was a Bedknobs and Broomsticks reference.
- Just terrible tactical planning by Snow in that encounter with the bandits.
- Is this beast a manifestation of fear or something?
- Check out the stunt doubles in the background.
- And there’s the explanation for why David overused “Mary Margaret” in this episode.
- Huh, I guess Meg wasn’t working for Hades this time.
- Take this screwdriver and do something terrible!
- Does Hades really have the power to force someone who isn’t dead to stay in the Underworld?
S5:E14 Devil’s Due
“Gold finds motivation to help Emma rescue Hook.”
Airdate: March 20, 2016
- “Devil’s Due” or “DeVille’s Due”?
- Hades is really Shatnering this dialog.
- “Keep all arms and hands inside the boat, there be squirrels ahead.”
- It’s a Pan flute, get it?
- Oops, Gold dropped the Palantir.
- A helpful dead person. Milah?
- Baelfire reached out his hand to a poisonous snake. Not too smart.
- “Morning, Dearie.”
- It really does look like Killian is riding PotC.
- It’s a good thing the scenery is virtual, or else Hades would have chewed it all.
- “You’ve been with my former lover…and my son?”
- Pooh and Tigger plush under the crib.
- “Kendrake the Healer”, or Ken for short.
- Maybe helping save Hook is Milah’s unfinished business.
- “I’m not saying it’s Bambi’s mom, but I’m not saying it isn’t.” I missed Cruella.
- “Underbrooke” — no, just no.
- Who else is Regina looking for?
- Happy person, tippy stone.
- Something… Brave, you say?
- The fabled meeting of Milah and Killian.
- “Do you expect me to talk?” “No, Captain Hook, I expect you to die!”
- I don’t think cowardly Rumple is going to have much luck with this heist.
- “I’ll give you the potion but you’ll need to go on a quest for me.”
- Ah, Regina was looking for Daniel’s stone. Which is tippy.
- All the pool balls are red.
- Hades is relying on other people to do things for him as if he’s perhaps unable to effect them himself.
- “I’m sure that’s a puzzle you can solve.”
- He traded the potion for their second child, a draft pick, and cash.
- Oof, he really did throw her in the river.
- Was Regina having a problem with her magic? I guess I missed that.
- The old heart-split trick. Except not.
- Regina, Snow, and Emma are now stuck.
- What’s Hades reading? Faust, of course.
- That Hades speech took me a minute to decipher: Rumple killed Fendrake during his affair with Rose McGowan/Cora to keep any potential child from being taken.
- Hades is doing Goblin King-style glass juggling.
- I’m already tired of the bad blue-fire effect.